As Coronavirus affects our lives more each day, it’s essential that we each take self-responsibility to strengthen our immune system and to do what we can to stay healthy.
Strengthening our immune system not only helps ourselves, but also supports our loved ones around us.
Recently, the International Board of the Orthomolecular News Service released a practical nutritional prevention and treatment package for Coronavirus.
Recommended by the British Society for Ecological Medicine (BSEM), this protocol is a scientifically valid way to strengthen your immune system. You can read more about the protocol HERE.
The protocol includes the following:
- Vitamin C: 3,000 milligrams (or more) daily, in divided doses.
- Vitamin D3: 2,000 International Units daily. (Start with 5,000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2,000 IU)
- Magnesium: 400 mg daily (in citrate, malate, chelate, or chloride form)
- Zinc: 20 mg daily
- Selenium: 100 mcg (micrograms) daily
The Dru Health Store (Dimensions) team has been working with their suppliers to get a special 10% discount for an immune boost package, with good quality supplements, affordable to all.
|Viridian Ester-C 950mg 120 caps||£33.55|
|Viridian liquid Vitamin D 2000 IU 50ml||£12.46|
|Viridian Magnesium Citrate 150g||£15.65|
|Higher Nature Zinc 20mg 90 caps||£6.60|
|Biocare Selenium 100 mcg 60caps||£7.55|
|Total at normal RSP||£75.81|
Special offer price: £68.23 or £7.58 off!
If you would like to order the full Immune Boost Package - five supplements at a 10% discount, contact Brendha at Dimensions on 01248 351 562 or email email@example.com
For email, mention 'Immune system protocol’ in the subject, and be sure to leave your phone number so that Brendha can ring you back.
As stock at the 10% discount is limited, if interested, please order soon.
Some questions & answers with regards to this protocol
- Why should I strengthen my immune system? I feel healthy.
We currently have a Coronavirus epidemic in the UK. This virus seems to be highly contagious in certain cases. As you know, the people who are the worst affected are smokers, older people over 70, people with a pre-existing lung or heart condition and people with a compromised immune system. (There also seems to be a growing indication that NSAID’s are making the condition worse. So don’t take any Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltarol, Diclofenac etc. Use Paracetamol instead.)
If your immune system is strong, there is less chance of a full-blown infection, and if infected, you may heal quicker, and hence be contagious for a shorter time. (This isn’t only the case for the Coronavirus, but also for any cold/flu epidemic.)
The good news is that this nutrient-based method helps to boost the immune system. It’s best to start the protocol before infection so that the immune system gets the chance to strengthen.
- Is taking supplements the only way to strengthen the immune system?
There are many other useful ways to strengthen the immune system.
Don’t forget the essentials…now is the time to live your health plan to the full!
Check the Dru Newsletter ‘How to Boost Your Immunity’ for more ways to strengthen your immune system
- Good diet and hydration, avoiding sugar
- Good sleep: the immune system re-sets between 1 and 5 am at night. Good and sufficient quality sleep is very important to strengthen the immune system!
- Exercise: try to exercise at least 30 to 60 minutes a day and keep moving throughout the day
- Hygiene: See tips from WHO on hygiene to protect from Coronavirus and other viral infections
- Switching the wi-fi off at night
- Scheduling EMF-free time on your calendar: that means no phones, computers, or other electronic devices
- Get out in nature when you can
- Have a good laugh
- Can I start all the supplements at once?
Before starting any new supplements, please do check with your healthcare practitioner.
When you introduce new supplements, it is good to do this one by one. Take one for 3 days and if you don’t experience any side effects, then you can increase the dosage as indicated or introduce a new supplement.
If you do experience side effects, reduce the dosage or stop completely and talk to your healthcare practitioner.
- I don’t like taking that many supplements
If this protocol of 5 supplements feels daunting to you, then start with the two most important ones, i.e. Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
- Why this form of Vitamin C?
Pure Vitamin C is a brilliant aid in the prevention of colds and flus. However, it is slightly acidic and some people find it hard on the stomach. Ester-C is a buffered form of Vitamin C and is gentler on the stomach particularly where larger amounts are consumed.
- Are there any side effects?
Vitamin C in large amounts can cause loose stools. The same can happen with large amounts of Magnesium Citrate. The quantities in this protocol are moderate, but some sensitive individuals may experience the above. If this is the case, you can take one of the other forms of Magnesium mentioned in the protocol. If that doesn’t help, you can reduce the amount of Vitamin C.
- Can I take more than the recommended dose?
More is not necessarily better. Although some healthcare practitioners recommend higher doses, the amounts in this protocol are safe. If you are already taking supplements such as a multivitamin/multimineral, do check the contents and adjust the doses accordingly. You don’t want to overdose, especially with Vitamin D, Zinc or Selenium!
And of course, before starting any new supplements, please do check with your healthcare practitioner.
- What is BSEM?
BSEM is the British Society for Ecological Medicine, which is known as Functional Medicine in the US.