Echinaforce® is a licensed traditional herbal remedy for colds and flu. It helps the body fight the symptoms of these infections by supporting the immune system, helping to maintain the body's resistance.
Benefits and features of Echinaforce®
- Helps fight the misery of colds and flu
- Strengthens the immune system
- Made from Echinacea purpurea
- Fresh herb extract
- Our Echinacea is produced using extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest. The benefit of using freshly harvested herbs has been demonstrated in research - extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times more active substances compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb*.
This is why, when you need a herbal remedy to help you fight the misery of colds and flu, not all Echinaceas are the same.
What are Echinaforce® Echinacea drops and tablets
Echinaforce® Echinacea is a licensed medicine made from fresh extracts of Echinacea purpurea herb (95%) and root (5%). It is available as drops (tincture in 15ml, 50ml & 100ml bottles) and as tablets (42 tablets & 120 tablets):
- Echinaforce® Echinacea drops: This is the original extract formulated by Alfred Vogel and contains the tinctures of Echinacea purpurea herb and root. 0.6ml drops equivalent to 285mg whole fresh plant. Also contains 65%v/v ethanol.
- Echinaforce® Echinacea tablets: This is the tabletted version of Echinaforce® drops. Each tablet contains the extract of Echinacea purpurea herb and root equivalent to 270mg whole fresh plant. Also contains lactose, starch, magnesium stearate.
Echinacea is a plant native to America but is now cultivated extensively in Europe. The plants which go into our product are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Up to 10 species of Echinacea have been identified, but only three (E. purpurea, E. angustifolia and E. pallida) are used medicinally. Echinacea purpurea is considered to be the one which has been most widely researched and this is the species we use.
Dosage of Echinaforce® drops & tablets
A.Vogel Echinacea drops (tincture) and tablets may be used by adults and children over the age of 12 years to fight the symptoms of colds and flu.
Dosage of Echinaforce® drops:
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: 15 drops (0.6ml) of tincture in a small amount of water, 2 to 3 times daily.
Dosage of Echinaforce® tablets:
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: Two tablets, 2 to 3 times daily.
These remedies are for oral use only. For external use, please see our page on Echinacea cream.
Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much (overdose) is unlikely to be harmful.
Use in pregnancy or when breastfeeding
There is no evidence to suggest that using any Echinacea product during pregnancy or breastfeeding will be harmful to the unborn or newborn child.
However, as only a few scientific studies have been done on the use of the herb during these stages of life, the UK Department of Health considers that the benefits of using Echinacea in these situations are outweighed by the risks. Hence. it does not recommend using Echinacea in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Do not use if you are:
- Allergic to products containing Echinacea
You should also be aware that our Echinacea drops, like all herbal tinctures, contains ethanol (alcohol). Each dose of tincture contains up to 350mg of ethanol - equivalent to 8.8ml of beer (less than a tablespoon) or 3.7ml of wine (less than a teaspoon). If you suffer from alcoholism, the alcohol content may be harmful. If you are in a high-risk group (eg. patients with liver disease or epilepsy) you should consider the alcohol content before taking this product.
Echinaforce® Echinacea drops and tablets
A traditional herbal remedy used for the symptomatic relief of colds, influenza type infections and similar upper respiratory tract conditions. Always read the leaflet.